Skip to main content

Navigating the Courts: Courts FAQs

How Do I...

Find a lawyer?

  • Mar : an online directory service of attorneys. Search by location, area of practice/specialty, firm, or more.
  • Oklahoma Bar Association Find a Lawyer : OklahomaFindALawyer is not a complete listing of all Oklahoma lawyers.
  • Lawyers and Legal Fees : an informational brochure from the Oklahoma Bar Association explaining fee structures and considerations when choosing an attorney.

Get free or low-cost legal assistance and advice?

  • Tulsa County Bar Association Lawyer Referral :  For a fee of $25.00 you receive a ½ hour consultation with a TULSA lawyer. The initial consultation gives you time to ask questions about your problem, receive legal advice, and arrange for further legal work if necessary.
  • Low Cost or No Cost Legal Assistance : a listing of low and no cost legal assistance. In order to take advantage of these services you must meet certain qualifications, such as age or income.

Get a document notarized? Any Oklahoma tag agency has a notary public or use the Oklahoma Secretary of State web site to search notories by name, city or commission number.

Find legal forms?

  • Legal Forms Database : Access Federal and Oklahoma-specific legal forms, examples and explanations of necessary filings. This resource requires a valid Tulsa City-County Library card.
  • Domestic Relations Court Forms (Families in Transistion) : a selection of domestic realtion forms -- link to forms in left side bar
  • Oklahoma Court Forms : a selection of forms hosted by the Oklahoma State Courts Network (OSCN)


 Warren Green, political candidate, filing at Courthouse February 26, 1960. Credit: the Beryl Ford Collection/Rotary Club of Tulsa, Tulsa City-County Library and Tulsa Historical Society.

Where do I...

Pay a fine?  At the Citizens Service Center, 175 E 2nd (City Hall), M-F, 7.30-5.  Freestanding drop box at SW corner for afterhours payments. 

Pay a ticket?  At the Citizens Service Center, 175 E 2nd (City Hall), M-F, 7.30-5.  Freestanding drop box at SW corner for afterhours payments. 

Pay a utility bill?  ONG and SW Bell: At the Citizens Service Center, 175 E 2nd (City Hall), M-F, 7.30-5.  Freestanding drop box at SW corner for afterhours payments. 

Fill out a police report?  Police Department, 600 Civic Center, at a division house (Gilcrease division 3436 N Delaware, 918-591-4100; Riverside division 7515 S Riverside Dr 918-596-1100; Mingo Valley division 10122 E 11th St 918-586-6000) or online.

Get a marriage license?  District Court Clerk's office, 500 S Denver, 2nd floor.

Get married?  The courthouse no longer provides space or justices to officiate.  Weddings must be performed by officiant, including judges, directly contacted by the couple.

Find land records?  Most records are available from the County Assessor's website.  The Assessor's office is on the 2nd floor of the courthouse, 500 S Denver, Ste 215.

Find other court documents? Court records can be found at or Consult the database scope to confirm that the desired information is included. Contact the local court clerk for records not included at either of these sites.

Visit an inmate? Find specifics of visiting the Tulsa County, David L. Moss Criminal Justice Center here:
What if the inmate is in a State Correction facility? Each state correctional facility establishes its own visitation schedule. Check the specification location for details. Before visiting complete a Visitor Request Form.

Make bail? The David L. Moss Booking Clerk's primary duty is to assist with posting bail, release forms and to provide information on how to get someone released from jail. The Booking Clerk is unable to suggest an Attorney or Surety Bondsman for you to use; please refer to the yellow pages under Attorneys or Bail for use of their services if needed.

Get a passport? Forms and answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found at Locate a local Passport Acceptance Facility here:

Get a driver's license? The Tulsa Drivers' License Exam site is at Eastgate Metroplex (140021 E 21st St, Lower Level). This office is open M-F, 7am-4:45pm. Access a list of other exam sites here:

Get a gun license?  Sheriff's office, 303 W 1st.

Other Questions? AskUs -- 918-549-7323


 Note: City Hall is not included in our Courts map because it's in another part of downtown at First and Cincinnati.



Legal Forms Database

Access word, text, and PDF examples of popular forms. You do need a valid library card to access this database.