Student Center, LearningExpress Library
Resources for elementary, middle, and high school students:
- Prepare for important tests
- Boost skills in core subjects – Math, Reading Comprehension, Writing and Grammar, Vocabulary and Spelling
- Extra practice with standard tests
The School Center offers:
- Practice Tests
- Skills-building Courses
- And more!
Britannica, School Edition
- Look for people, places and things
- Watch and learn with videos and animation
- Have fun with games and activities
- Find fast answers and homework help
- Explore videos and articles on famous people and places
- Discover maps, photos, and illustrations for school projects
Live tutoring – Available seven days a week, 2-11 p.m. English and Spanish-speaking tutors are available (Central Standard Time).
Writing Lab – Simply upload your document, and one of their writing experts will analyze it and provide useful comments.
Flashbulb – Create and share flashcards, tests and games.
Use your Tulsa City-County Library card for access. Don’t have a card? Apply online!
Additional Library Resources
Visit us online for a complete alphabetical list of free services available to TCCL library card holders 24/7.
American Experience Sources Best for students in grades 4-12:
- African-American Full-text resource explores the history and culture of African Americans, and provides a wealth of primary sources.
- American Indian Full-text resource exploring the histories and contemporary cultures of the indigenous peoples of the United States.
- Latino American History and culture of Latinos living in the United States. Content spans from the pre-Columbian Indigenous civilizations of the Americas to present-day U.S. Latinos.
Electric Library Full-text access to a wide variety of magazines, newspapers, reference books for the Arts, History, Science and more! Best for students in grades 4-12.
Gale Virtual Reference Library High-quality specialized encyclopedias and other reference sources available online from the library or remotely 24/7. Best for students in grades 6-12.
Issues & Controversies Hot topics in politics, government, business, education, and popular culture are updated weekly, with a 13-year backfile of in-depth articles. Best for students in grades 6-12.
World Folklore and Folklife Thousands of folktales are searchable by subject and tale type, region or country and includes influential multi-volume reference works, such as The Greenwood Encyclopedia of World Folklore and Folklife, The Greenwood Encyclopedia of African American Folklore, and The Greenwood Library of American Folktales. Best for students in grades 4-12.
Learn a New Language with Mango Languages
Mango is an online language-learning system that can help you learn by listening to native speakers and engaging in the interactive lessons offered through this user-friendly language instruction tool. Use your library card to access Mango Languages.
If you're outside of the library, access Mango Languages here by entering your last name and your complete library card number with no spaces.
Choose from nearly 40 languages, including:
- Mandarin Chinese
- English as a Second Language
More Online Resources
IXL Practice Math and Language Arts To use the full resources this site is fee-based, but there are excellent tools offered for FREE for children's practice activities based on their skill level. Grade 3 Skills for example includes Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication in the Math section and in Language Arts practice on Nouns, Pronouns, Compound Words and more. Best for grades K-12; Fee-based Services.
CoolMath Explanations on topics from algebra to fractions, pre-calculus, geometry and trig. This site includes links to math games, resources for teachers and parents, a math dictionary and practice tests. Best for grades 6+; Free Services.