Library Databases for Industry Specific Searching
- First Research
Get the latest news, trends and hottest companies in over 250 industries and 750 industry segments. The industry prospector also includes HR metrics, industry growth forecasts and industry drivers.
- Reference USA
Addresses, sales information, executives, for U.S. companies. Many search criteria and searches can be customized by company size, sales volume, geographic location, industry, etc. Using US Business Module.
- U.S. Businesses
- U.S. New Businesses
- U.S. Healthcare (Physician & Dentists)
- U.S. Residential
- International Business
- U.S. New Movers/Homeowners
- Canadian Businesses
- Canadian White Pages
- Business Source Premier
- Look to this source for industry profiles, business magazine and journal article needs. To find industry reports, type the word Datamonitor and combine it with a word to describe your industry in the search box.
- Hoover's Online
Access to over 17 million worldwide companies with comprehensive profiles of most major companies in the world, corporate history, executives, products/operations data, financials, industry benchmarks, competitive landscape and news articles, with the ability to generate lists in targeted industries and to limit geographically.
Web Sites for Industry Information
- The Doing Business Project - provides objective measures of business regulations and their enforcement across 183 economies and selected cities at the sub-national and regional level.
- United States Industry at a Glance - This site contains profiles of the nine industry divisions. Each profile is a fascinating collection of facts about the industry, and contains links to additional data.
- United States Economy at a Glance - This all in one chart provides official data on unemployment, hourly earnings, CPI, PPI, import prices, employment costs and productivity for the past 6 months. You can also locate here quick comparison charts for industries, regions, and individual states.
TCCL Research Wizard
The TCCL Research Wizard, a fee based service, can supply the numbers and background information to inform, guide and support your marketing plan or business strategy.
Market Research Specialties
Research Wizard sources contain most of the information you need to make good marketing decisions. Some of the specialty areas include the following:
- Local, state, and national demographic & economic data
- Market statistics on production, consumption and sales
- Current health of the market
- Forecast for demand and projected trends
- Identification of market leaders
Web Sites for Importing/Exporting
- Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance - ExporTech ProgramThe ExporTech program helps companies to enter or expand in global markets, by assisting in the development of a customized international growth plan, vetted by experts, and by building a team of organizations that helps companies move quickly beyond planning to actual export sales.
- Oklahoma Department of Commerce – Export Assistance The Oklahoma of Commerce offers assistance, financing, workshops, seminars, market research and many additional resources to help companies succeed in the international marketplace.
- U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration Export.gov brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies and to succeed in today’s global marketplace.
- Country-Specific Export Guides -The U.S. Commercial Service offers free country-specific export guides. Each guide provides background on the country’s political and economic environment, advice on how to sell U.S. products and services, and information on investment climate, trade regulations, market research, and trade financing.