FROM THE DIGITAL COLLECTIONS
"The Tulsa system was taken over by the Southwestern Bell Telephone Company in 1912, but the Tulsa district was not created until October, 1920. The first telephone system in Tulsa was privately owned in 1903 by R.H. Hall, son of H.C. Hall, a pioneer resident."
Joe Hill, lineman for the Pioneer Telephone Company in Tulsa
From the Beryl Ford Collection
The following directories are housed in the Research Center of Central Library:
City Directories 1909-present (with these exceptions: 1945, 1949, 1952, 1962, and 1998)
City directories are a great resource for finding people. Entries often include occupation and adult children living in a household. Beginning in 1912, the directories may be searched in a reverse manner as the streets are listed alphabetically. This collection is available in both print and microfilm formats.
Telephone Directories 1931-present
The telephone directories cover a greater geographic area than the city directories.
Cross Reference Directories 1944-present
Cross reference directories in the collection are organized by telephone number and by street address.
History and Digital Collections Librarian
Research Center, Central Library
400 Civic Center
Tulsa, OK 74103-3830