About Forms 990
The form 990 is the information return that most public charities are required by law to submit annually to the IRS. The IRS uses this form to assess compliance with tax laws. Unlike the personal tax form that we as individuals are required to submit each year that are private, form 990s are public.
Form 990 Web Resources
The Foundation Center offers answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Forms 990 and 900-PF.
- What are Forms 990-PF and where can I find them?
- Where can I find help in interpreting the information provided on the IRS Form 990-PF?
- Where can I find historical tax returns and annual reports for foundations?
- How can I obtain copies of a public charity's IRS Form 990?
- Where can I find help in interpreting the information provided on the IRS Form 990?
- What are the disclosure requirements for private foundations filing the Form 990-PF?