Using the Freading app, you can download Freading's eBooks directly to your Android phone\tablet or your Apple iPhone\iPad\iPod Touch.
STEP ONE: Create an Adobe ID
- If you have been using Adobe Digital Editions or the OverDrive Media Console app to read eBooks from OverDrive, you should already have an Adobe ID and can skip to Step Two. If you have not been using either of these programs, visit http://adobe.ly/adobeaccount click Don't have an Adobe ID? and follow the directions to create an Adobe ID.
STEP TWO: Download & Install the Freading App
- Search for Freading in the App Store on your Apple device or in Google Play on your Android device and follow the instructions to download and install it.
- On your Apple device, open the app. You'll be prompted to authorize your device using your Adobe ID and password. You can also access the authorization settings by tapping the "i" in the upper right hand corner:
- On your Android device, open the app. You'll need to authorize your device using your Adobe ID and password. You can access the authorization settings by tapping the "i" in the lower right hand corner if you are not automatically directed there:
STEP THREE: Download an eBook
- Click the "Get Books" icon in the lower right hand corner:
- Find the eBook you want to read and tap on the eBook's cover. Then click Login to Download. You may also browse for books in your browser on your Android or Apple device at https://tulsalibrary.freading.com.
- Scroll down the page to enter your library card number and last name and tap Login.
- Tap Download EPUB (or Download PDF if that's the only option) and when asked about which program you want to open it with, tap Open in... then tap Open in Freading.
- The Freading app will switch to the library view and you will see your eBook as it downloads. Once it has downloaded, simply tap on the ebook to open and read it.
If you need more help, you can click on the green Ask a Question button on the right or AskUs.